MINUTES OF THE 11/05/19 GENERAL MEETING OF THE TEHACHAPI MOUNTAIN CHAPTER/CDS AND OF THE BEAR VALLEY SPRINGS DRESSAGE CLUB
The meeting was called to order at 6:27 p.m. Chemaine welcomed the members and requested the secretary to note this meeting’s attendees as follows: Kathy Carey, Tracy Donahue, Sherri Grace, Chemaine Hurtado, Alexis Milton, Janice Polletta, Kathe Rich, Karen Sweaney.
Chemaine presented the agenda.
1. Covering additional judge expenses
a. Lois & Terri provided food and lodging for judges in the past. Going forward, the club/association will need to cover this cost.
2. Western Dressage
a. Chemaine has assured that all judges will be certified for Western Dressage
3. Show Dates
a. Chemaine has verified that the Equestrian Center will be available for shows on the Sunday of the last weekend of each month
4. Tentative Spring Show in Bakersfield
a. April 26, 2020
b. Bakersfield riders will set-up and break-down the arena, etc.
c. Meeting in January 2020 will confirm and finalize details
d. Please see the Addendum (scroll down) for additional information
5. Website (Janice P.)
a. It was not possible to transfer the web address, so there is a new web address: tmcdressage.org
b. This incorporates BVSCD
c. The website will include membership forms, CDS forms, and show entries
a. Please print up the membership form from the website and mail to Tracy
a. Chemaine proposed, and Karen seconded, a motion to devise a Facebook page for BVSCD
b. Chemaine and Karen will be administrators
a. Second Tuesday of each month at Chemaine’s house
b. Next meeting: January 14, 2020, 6:30 pm
c. Potluck? TBA
9. Equestrian Center, Kathy Carey
a. Plants in the dressage court need to be watered three times per week
c. Please pick up your horse’s poop!! Thank you.
Meeting adjourned at 7:21 pm.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Kathe Rich, Secretary
Addendum: Spring Horse Show held in conjunction with GEAHS
Proposed Show Date: Sunday, April 26, 2020 with Sunday, April 19, 2020 as an alternate date
Day of Show:
• Show Secretary - checks in riders (Amy Smith?)
• Tabulator(s) - calculate scores (Marci Cunningham & Charlotte Saunders?)
• Scribe - records judge’s comments
• Runner - gathers sheets from the judge’s booth
• Ring Steward - lets riders know when they’re “on deck” to show
• Food - GEAHS will ask ranch about a taco truck.
TMC will ...
Complete all paperwork which includes:
• Arrange the show date with CDS
• Pay CDS fees and insurance for Saturday and Sunday
• Arrange and collect entries
• Schedule ride times
• Arrange and pay judge
• Supply ribbons and cash awards
• Submit scores to CDS
• Arrange an EMT
GEAHS will ...
Secure the facility which includes:
• Arrange for shallow drag of arena and warm up area
• Dressage Court Set Up - on Saturday morning to allow riders to school in the afternoon
• Judge’s tent/table/two chairs
• Show office table and chairs
• Clean-up crew - clean grounds, dismantle court, pack up judge’s area (with all riders cleaning up their trailer area)
Expenses & Profits
• Each club/chapter will keep a detailed list of expenses and money earned.
• All expenses will be covered by show revenue (entries and sponsorship).
• Any “profit” earned from show entries and/or sponsorship will be divided between the Tehachapi Mountain Chapter (TMC) of CDS and the Golden Empire Arabian Horse Society (GEAHS) with a percentage going to TMC and a percentage to GEAHS.
• If GEAHS wishes to run a silent auction, they will provide all auction items and may keep all proceeds without splitting the proceeds with TMC.